A few brief items of interest. For more QCMG News read Overtones!
OPEN HOUSE COMING UP SATURDAY, OCT 4.
Quad City Music Guild is hosting an Open House on October 4th from 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm. Everyone is welcome to tour the building, including our brand new costume shoppe and workshop. Our guests can see what goes on behind the scenes to put our shows together. Cookies and punch will be served. We are in need of volunteers to be on hand to answer questions and guide our guests. People may e-mail Cathy Marsoun to volunteer.
ANNUAL MEETING SCHEDULED FOR TUESDAY, OCT 4.
We hope you will attend our annual meeting which will take place on October 28th at 6:30p.m. This will give you a chance to see everyone and cast your votes for 2014 Board candidates.
You are eligible to be a voting member if you do one of the following during the season:
- partcipate in our Member/Patron Program;
- participate in one of our 2014 productions (spring or summer) or our 2013 Winter production;
- complete five hours of other volunteer work such as helping in the concession stand, as a bus greeter, or helping with clean up day.
To receive voting member information ahead of the Annual Meeting, you must let us know that you qualify by filling out and signing a registration form, available in the box office. Voting member notifications will only be sent to those individuals who have completed the form or are on the Member Patron List. Forms must be received by September 15, 2014. Late forms cannot be accepted.
Remember, you must be at least 16 years old to be a voting member. A complete list of eligible voters can be found here.
COME WORK THE BOX OFFICE.
We are in need of volunteers to help in the box office this Summer. If you are interested in working in the box office, please contact Connie McGinn or Craig Woodard at 309-762-6610 or email@example.com.
VOLUNTEER AT OUR COSTUME SHOPPE.
Business is booming at the Costume Shoppe. And we're looking for some additional volunteers to help meet the demand!
In addition to storing and providing costumes for our own productions, the QCMG Costume Shoppe rents costumes to other theater organizations, schools, and individuals. Volunteers are needed to help fill rental requests, sort and organize costumes and perform other tasks at the Shoppe.
Regular Shoppe hours are Wednesday and the 1st Saturday of each month from 9:00-12:00. If you are interested in helping but those hours don't fit into your schedule, let us know. There may be opportunities to volunteer outside of those hours.
If you'd like more information or are willing to volunteer, please respond to this email. Or you can contact Cathy Marsoun, one of our Costume Shoppe Chairs, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for donating your time to QCMG!
NEW INVITED DRESS REHEARSAL POLICY.
QCMG has updated our policy regarding who may attend our free invited dress rehearsal, and we want to keep you informed.
The reasons behind the change in dress rehearsal policy are as follows:
- To encourage more people to volunteer in all areas of the organization, particularly on the days of performances
- To increase the number of tickets sold per performance and overall season
- To put our policies more in line with other area community theaters.
Persons cast or involved with an individual show will no longer be invited to attend dress rehearsals for the remaining shows. (see * below)
Persons invited to dress rehearsals include:
- nursing homes, group homes, etc that are invited in writing
- neighbors as identified in writing
- board of directors
- persons involved in that specific production that are not participating in the actual performances including:
- Mon-Thurs and Daytime Box Office Volunteers
- Persons involved in tech such as painters, carpenters, seamstresses, lighting, and sound assistants
- 1 guest for each person involved in the actual performance (i.e. cast, crew, orchestra, production staff)
The following volunteers are invited to attend the performance the night or matinee they volunteer:
- Box office
- Bus Greeters
- Parking Attendants
- Lobby Pianists
- Lobby Sales (t-shirts, etc)
This is for the volunteer only and for that performance only. These volunteers can bring a guest only if that guest purchases an individual ticket for the performance that night
* Cast members and others involved in a single show may see the remaining shows of the season for free only if they volunteer in one of the above areas. This will allow them to see the performance(s) the day they volunteer.
Committee chairs will enforce the number of people who volunteer. For example, if concessions needs 6 volunteers and one volunteer brings a friend, the friend will be required to purchase a ticket.
Thursday night Dress Rehearsals will be ushered by the Board of Directors until the policy is understood by our volunteers.
Thank in advance for your patience and understanding as we work to implement the new policy!
MUSIC GUILD TICKETS ARE A GREAT GIFT IDEA
For birthdays, anniversaries, Mother's Day or Christmas - for any occassion, for any age. Music Guild tickets can be the perfect gift! Give the gift of music and dance while supporting your friends & neighbors in their theatrical endeavors.
Season Tickets, or Gift Certificates are available at our Box Office, or on our Tickets page.
FOLLOW MUSIC GUILD NOW ON FACEBOOK
Keep up with all the latest news about show dates, time, audition notices and more by becoming a fan of the Music Guild page on Facebook. Once you've joined, QCMG updates can be seen in your News Feed. It's a fun and easy way to stay in touch.